sweetoven

Saturday, June 18, 2005

More Cinammon Rolls!


Mini Cinammon Rolls Posted by Hello

This was my second attempt at Cinnamon Rolls. As you might have read from my last posting on cinammon rolls, i was not happy with the 'bready texture' and had wanted to make the bread softer and gooey-er.
I had purchased a roll from a Cinammon shop after my first batch and had broken down the taste sensation bite by heavenly bite, concluding that i had to make my rolls softer and more sinful!

Suggestions from fellow blogger Nic (who i had taken this recipe from) was to use butter instead of milk when brushing it on the dough, and perhaps substituting the oil in the dough with more butter! I was ready to try this - ignoring the issue of well... fat and cholesterol!

Unfortunately, this batch was less appetising than the first. Firstly, i made MINI cinammon rolls - using half the recipe and then dividing the dough into 2 before rolling them out - which meant smaller logs from which to cut from. I'm not sure if this affected the end result (having smaller rolls) but they came out of the oven dry and hard and not gooey at all! I had brushed on melted butter instead of milk - but i suspect now that we don't mean a 'thin layer of melted butter' but actually big chunks of butter (to be left to melt in the oven and bubble out from the little folds of the rolls to dribble down your hand as you eat.... ooohh)
I might also have overbaked them as the tops were browner than the first batch - do you think this could have dried out the bread a bit more?

The glaze however i did get right as you would have seen in the picture above. Thicker sweet glaze with a milky sheen.
I also did a variation with chocolate chips and cinammon - which was lovely, if not for the hard bread texture!

I guess this calls for a THIRD attempt! I gave these rolls to my colleagues - they ate them politely but no one said 'wow - these are great' . no kidding - not one. i am not being paranoid.

5 Comments:

  • I'm so sorry, Chin! I wish I knew what was going wrong and could help you more. If you look on Allrecipes.com at this link: http://allrecipes.com/directory/321.asp you'll be able to find a lot of cinnamon roll recipes. "Cinnamon Rolls II" (http://bread.allrecipes.com/az/CinnamonRollsII.asp) is quite similar to mine and maybe some of the feedback there might help? Perhaps you'll have better luck with another recipe... Good luck - and don't give up! I'm sure your coworkers will appreciate it when you get a good one.

    By Blogger Nic, at 3:47 PM  

  • hey Nic - it's really not your recipe that's to blame so no need to apologise! i'm sure your recipe is perfect. Sometimes it's just a heavy hand with the flour, or a slight tweaking and voila- it'll be perfect. I'm still too new a baker to get the same results consistently each time so i just need to keep trying!
    thanks and i'm glad that you're still visiting my site!

    By Blogger Chin Ru, at 8:07 PM  

  • I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! film editing classes

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:37 PM  

  • Cheap Taps UK products are generally excellent semi-bright Antique Tapsplated body on refined copper, bright nickel and chrome plating three layers. Generally, the first copper layer, to enhance adhesion of the plating layer of nickel (including semi-bright nickel and bright nickel) plays a role in corrosion Waterfall Taps. And because the nickel itself is relatively soft and dark color, therefore, will be plated with nickel-chromium layer on layer, while increasing the brightness of the hardened surface Bathroom Sink Taps

    By Blogger Kate moss, at 1:51 AM  

  • Nice article, thanks for the information. It's very complete information. I will bookmark for next reference
    jaring futsal | jaring golf | jaring pengaman proyek |
    jaring pengaman bangunan | jaring pengaman gedung

    By Anonymous jaring safety, at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home