sweetoven

Friday, June 03, 2005

Apple Streusel Muffins


Apple Streusel Muffins Posted by Hello

I have only recently started exploring the blogs of other cooking / baking enthusiasts. It is certainly a humbling and sobering experience to know that there are so many others out there who are so much more passionate, so much more regular with their updates and so completely involved!
I chanced upon one called bakingsheet (i've added her blog as a link on my site) where i found a recipe for apple streusel muffins that she had learned from a baking class.
I've been looking for new recipes to experiment with for my weekly muffin deliveries and have found that those given on the web with personal commentaries can seem much more credible given the tips and advice that come along with it.
I seem also to have established a regular 'clientele' for my muffins, with the cafe owner frowning once when i hadn't delivered them one weekend 'People are asking for them you know!'
oh well - seems like this muffin 'side business' i have started is going to be a regular weekly commitment.

These apple streusel muffins looked great. Large domed top with a cinammon, walnut and brown sugar crumble topping. The recipe called for oil instead of butter (which i much prefer - cheaper, and also healthier!) - although i only managed to bake 3 large muffins with the recipe, and had to bake another batch (to make another 3) and therefore didn't get to try much more than a bite (the rest of the bigger part of the bite was given to my boyfriend).
From the bite, it seemed pretty good - not overly sweet, complimented by the sweet sprinkle of topping.
I'm trying to figure out what 'streusel' means? anyone got any ideas?

Next project - Cinnammon buns. I have seen them on another blog by another obviously talented and passionate chef called 'thebakerwhocooks' (her link also addeed to my site) - the pictures look absolutely scrumptious! My saturday afternoon project!

2 Comments:

  • Hi Chin. I'm glad that you liked that muffin recipe - I think it's a good one! And, of course, I'm happy you're enjoying my blog.
    By the way, "Streusel" means a crumblike topping for cakes and sweet breads and it comes from a german root, meaning "to sprinkle".

    By Blogger Nic, at 12:00 AM  

  • hey there!

    ah bakingsheet is also one of my recipe sources. nic is also another talented baker! her recipes are concise and easy to follow.

    do let me know how your cinnamon buns turn out! i'm sure they'll be fab... btw, your muffins look oh-so-delicious. now i feel like baking them for myself... haha

    By Blogger the baker, at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home