sweetoven

Friday, March 18, 2005

Chocolate chip Muffins


Choc Chip Muffins Posted by Hello
Third week's delivery of my muffins, and i thought i'd try to perfect the chocolate chip muffin.
This recipe called for sour cream - which i left out - but apart from that, i followed everything to the last detail. I am still unsure of what benefit comes from using sour cream - i can't be bothered to head out and buy it (as i have no other use for it) , so if anyone has any idea, i would love to hear about it.

Another thing i did which the recipes don't tell you is to dot the batter in their filled muffin tins with a few chocolate chips before it goes in the oven. Pure presentation purposes, but it looks so much better.

This recipe also called for you to whip the egg whites until stiff and fold it in in the last step - which apparently gives the texture of the muffin a 'lift'. The end result was good - it was a little less buttery than i would have liked, but definitely a keeper.

3 Comments:

  • Is it an American recipe? Americans are hot on sour cream I think, I seem to find it everywhere!

    By Blogger testing123678, at 3:36 PM  

  • Caryne,
    Yes, it is American. But i have a recipe in my Donna Hay book (she's Australian) who also asks for sour cream - so i think there is a universal belief that sour cream adds something to the muffin. Should just look it up on the net i guess!

    By Blogger Chin Ru, at 5:03 PM  

  • I went looking for recipes to help me use up these eggs and found your recipe instead. I think that Technorati.com knows me better than I know myself. The eggs can wait.

    Shirley :) A Taste of Style

    By Blogger A Touch of Style, at 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home